Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics Education
Supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
A PhD or EdD in mathematics education, or closely related
- A research agenda focused on K-12 mathematics education,
- Capacity to support masters and doctoral students in mathematics education research,
- Capacity for grant writing and sustained scholarly contributions to K-12 mathematics education research,
- K-12 mathematics teaching experience.
- A strong methodological background in a particular area (e.g.,
qualitative research, measurement),
- Three years of K-12 teaching or coaching experience,
- Expertise in K-12 outreach and/or teacher professional development,
- Capacity to teach and work with individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Letter of interest (two pages maximum), CV, unofficial transcripts, and a list of 3 references (for Assistant) or 5 references (for Associate) with contact information (email address & phone number)