Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania invites applications
for an Accountant in its Finance Division.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Monthly and year-end entries such as PO/Invoice Accruals, Construction Retainage Accruals and Utilities Expenses/Accruals, Purchasing Card.
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations such as GR/IR, travel, prepaids, student refunds, accounts payable, cash, etc.
- Responsible for processing transactions from various sources: Chancellor’s Office, postage, printers/copiers, fleet, departmental expense transfers, miscellaneous deposits, etc.
- Responsible for reconciling the University’s event ticketing revenue with various departments and SAP.
- Assist with fiscal year-end reporting and fiscal audit including the FINRPT, MD&A, SEFA, IPEDS, MPEDS, and NCAA.
- Assist with Post Grant Award Accounting, Monitoring, Reconciliation, Payroll Certification Reporting, and Fiscal Reporting for Restricted and Unrestricted Grants/Awards and Government Contracts.
- Internal Award Accounting, monitoring, reconciliation, and close out.
- Assist Pre-Award Budget Development and Approval for Restricted & Unrestricted Grants/Awards and Government Contracts.
- Assist with OMB Single Audit, Sub-Recipient Monitoring and Uniform Guidance Compliance.
- Assist with and coordination of State and other regulatory audits as related to aid and financial transactions including grants, travel, etc.
- Assist with implementing new technologies and establishing procedures.
- Participate in monthly financial review, balance sheet flux analysis and research questions as required.
- Reconciling and Recording Scholarships in Coordination with Student Accounts.
- Monthly Direct Loan Program Reconciliation in Coordination with Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
- Assist with annual HERD Survey on Institutional Research.
- Federal Work Study Distribution by Function.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or an MBA. Also required is a minimum of 2 years of recent accounting or business related experience. Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills that can be demonstrated. SAP or large ERP software experience. Experience working with diverse populations. Successful performance in an interview.
Communication and prior presentation or training experience is preferred. Ability to collaborate across multi-functional teams. CPA Preferred. Experience with Journal entries, month-end and year end close, reconciliations and reporting and analysis.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Slippery Rock