Program Director, Occupational Therapy Program | Tenure Track Faculty | I01624
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania invites applications for the position of Program Director of the Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program. The University seeks a dynamic and visionary program leader with a passion for teaching excellence, learning, and innovation who will oversee the Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy that meets the needs of the Commonwealth and the profession. This program has achieved full accreditation from ACOTE for 7 years.
As leader of the OT program, the Program Director is responsible for program organization, administration, budgeting, commitment to strategic planning, selection of faculty and staff, and maintenance of accreditation. This includes identifying appropriate clinical sites, conducting a feasibility study, preparing for an ACOTE site visit, and maintaining accreditation standards. This is a tenure track faculty position.
- Doctorate in related field.
- Must be a certified occupational therapist, licensed or eligible to be licensed in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy. This experience must include clinical practice as an occupational therapist; administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting; scholarship; understanding the role of the occupational therapy assistant; and at least 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post baccalaureate level.
- The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion.
- The successful candidate must be knowledgeable about and responsible for program: organization, administration, fiscal management, continuous review and analysis, planning, development and participation in the accreditation process.
- The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and be supportive of a college culture grounded on collaboration and team-oriented leadership.
Candidates must successfully complete an interview and teaching demonstration.