Visiting Lecturer in Nursing
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana
University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio and
beyond a broad range of bachelor’s degrees, selected master’s
degrees, and certificates through its traditional main campus in
Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options.
Indiana University East challenges students to grow intellectually and personally in a supportive and scholarly environment where faculty teaching skills and participation in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and artistic work enhance learning opportunities for all.
Indiana University East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students. The campus is dedicated to being a strong partner in enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic development of the region it serves through community and civic engagement. Learn more about IU East.
The Indiana University East School of Nursing and Health Sciences is seeking applicants for a Visiting Lecturer in Nursing position. This position provides an opportunity to teach in the BSN program and RN to BSN mobility option. Position begins fall 2021 and is for the academic year. Candidates for all full-time faculty positions must demonstrate a strong desire to excel in teaching and provide ongoing support for student success, in and out of the classroom, interacting with a diverse student and faculty community.
Required Qualifications :
• Minimum of a master’s degree in nursing.
• Background in psychiatric mental health nursing.
• Evidence of eligibility for licensure in Indiana.
• Minimum of 3 years of practice as a registered nurse (RN).
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and student success.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a professional and collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity of faculty, staff and students in an academic setting.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience as a nursing educator; certification as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) considered a plus.