- To maintain the University campus grounds in a clean and orderly condition. Including daily grounds maintenance which may include: trash removal, mowing, weed eating, planting, trimming, painting, operating heavy equipment, snow removal, masonry work, power washing, digging, etc. The primary function of this position is to maintain the attractive appearance to perspective students, current students, facility, staff, and outside rental guests.
- Performs a variety of duties in maintaining the University grounds.
- Maintains grounds and athletic fields at the direction of the Grounds Supervisor.
- Plants trees, shrubbery and flowers. Maintaining them by performing such functions as watering, weeding, thinning, cultivation and transplanting, as required.
- Mow, trim and edge lawn as needed during the growing season.
- Operate grounds equipment which may include; riding mowers, tractors, stick edgers, backpack blowers, string trimmers, snow blowers, trucks with plow, etc.
- Perform required tree and shrub maintenance as pruning, trimming and felling by use of hand or power equipment to promote growth and improve appearance
- Capable of handling vehicles in a safe manner while observing safety regulations.
- Adjust and repair sprinklers.
- Plows and shovels snow from sidewalks, drives and parking lots. Spreads ice and snow melting product.
- Uses hand and power equipment to keep sidewalks, drives, parking lots and grounds free of debris and maintained in good repair.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Is responsible for the condition of hand tools, power tools and other equipment used in maintain University grounds.
- Paints Athletic fields in conjunction with the Athletic department’s game schedule.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be
assigned or required.
- Knowledge: High school or trade school diploma, Maryland driver’s license required, ability to read and speak the English language, ability to understand safety training and requirements.
- Experience: Minimum of 1-year experience in grounds trade as described above. Requires a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Skills: Numerical ability, spatial ability, form perception, motor coordination, finger dexterity, manual dexterity, color discrimination.
- Working Conditions: Extensive walking and riding on a daily basis. Exposure to heat, cold, freezing, and wet conditions. Exposure to snow, sun, rain, and windy conditions. Exposure to loud noise and vibration from operation equipment. Ability to lift 75 pounds. This position has been identified as having a potential risk for occupational exposure to potentially infectious material; as such, this position is required to be offered the Hepatitis B Vaccine at no cost to the employee, and annual training on Preventing Exposure to Bloodbourne Pathogens must be completed
Typical schedule is 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday. Schedule may include evenings and weekends on an as needed, on-call basis. This position is designated as essential personnel.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Raymond Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.