Instructor- Electrical Engineering Technology
SALARY: $61,970.00 Annually*
OPENING DATE: 2/17/2021
CLOSING DATE: 3/17/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Engineering Technologies
REPORTS TO: Chair, Engineering Technologies
Starting in Fall 2021
*Salary reflects 2019/2020 Fiscal Year
1. Ability to teach a wide variety of Electrical Engineering courses, including but not limited to Electrical and Electronic Circuits (algebra and calculus based), Digital Electronics, and Microprocessors. Areas of competence will include circuit theory, circuit simulation software, field programmable gate array and HDL programming, microcontroller/microprocessors and assembly language programming. Experience and knowledge of Networking, Electronic Communications, design and manufacturing technologies, programmable logic controllers, and programming in C or C++ are all pluses that will be considered.
2. The position includes a teaching load of 15 contact hours per semester and maintaining five office hours per week for student advisement and tutoring.
3. Participates in departmental, divisional, and college-wide activities and departmental commitment to ABET accreditation of the Engineering Technology programs.
• Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
• Three years of industrial experience in the Engineering field
• Three years of college teaching experience
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
SCHEDULE: Ten (10) Month Position
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible