Instructor, Business Law/Paralegal Studies
SALARY: $61,970.00 Annually*
OPENING DATE: 2/17/2021
CLOSING DATE: 3/17/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Business & Computer Science
REPORTS TO: Chair, Business & Computer Science
Starting in Fall 2021
*Salary reflects 2019/2020 Fiscal Year
1. Ability to teach courses in Business Law and Paralegal Studies, including Legal Research and Legal Writing coursework. Teaching load for this faculty member must include Paralegal Studies courses each semester.
2. Manage and maintain meeting minutes for two advisory committee meetings each academic year for the Paralegal Studies program.
3. Manage and maintain meeting minutes for two faculty meetings each academic year for the Paralegal Studies program where program faculty are updated on course-related activities, recruiting initiatives, textbook selections are discussed and professional development sessions are held.
4. Participate in recruitment activities for Paralegal Studies.
5. Collect data related to the employment of Paralegal Studies program graduates.
6. The position includes a teaching load of 15 contact hours per semester. Related responsibilities include maintaining five office hours per week for student advisement and tutoring, as well as participation in departmental, divisional, and college-wide activities.
• Juris Doctor degree
• Experience working with paralegals in a legal setting
• Three years of legal business experience
• College teaching experience
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
SCHEDULE: Ten (10) Month Position
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible