Instructor - Dental Hygiene
SALARY: $61,970.00 Annually*
OPENING DATE: 2/17/2021
CLOSING DATE: 3/17/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Dental Hygiene
REPORTS TO: Chair, Dental Hygiene
Starting in Fall 2021
*Salary reflects 2019/2020 Fiscal Year
Middlesex College invites applications for a tenure-track position in Dental Hygiene Education. We seek a dynamic, collaborative individual with the ability to teach a variety of clinical and didactic courses.
The position available consists of a normal faculty academic teaching load in the department of clinical and didactic courses of 15 contact hours per semester. Related responsibilities include maintaining 5 office hours per week for student advisement and tutoring, as well as participation in departmental, divisional and college-wide activities.
• Master’s degree in Dental Hygiene or related discipline
• NJ license in Dental Hygiene
• College teaching experience
• Five years of private practice experience
• Didactic and clinical experience, with a strong background in dental public health and clinical instruction
• Commitment to learning outcomes assessment
• Knowledge of ADA accreditation process and computer skills
• Work with Federally Qualified Health Care Facility (FQHC)
SCHEDULE: Ten (10) Month Position
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible