Dining BOH Supervisor/Lead Cook
Vacancy Number: S-00695 Position Title: Dining BOH Supervisor/Lead Cook Classification Title: Department: Dining Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
AUM Campus Dining, within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services, at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking a Dining BOH Supervisor/Lead Cook.
The Dining BOH Supervisor/Lead Cook will:
• Oversee all food production. Ensure quality, consistency, timeliness and help manage the overall dining program including meal service/front of house and culinary/back of house program (menu development, preparation, service, delivery and finances).
• Assist General Manager in scheduling of employees, open/closing procedures.
• Review and screen applicants for dining positions using AUM’s hiring site. Make recommendations for hiring.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through
personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
• Assist with the preparation, administration, tracking and reporting of assigned budgets.
• Manage inventory and assist with bi-weekly ordering.
• Ensure the dining program (meal service and nutrition clinical care) is in compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and is provided with a hospitality focus.
• Provide dining service training for functions performed by dining and all staff supporting dining programs.
• Satisfy students, faculty, and staff with dining services including, but not limited to, the quality of food served, quality of service, and overall sanitation of the Dining Room, Café and Kitchen.
• Serve as a key holder for the operations.
• Performs any duty requested by AUM administration to ensure the effective and efficient operation of AUM Dining Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of basic word processing software and the ability to operate standard computer software applications
Knowledge of record-keeping procedures
Knowledge of financial operations
Knowledge of applicable university policies and procedures
Organizational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to review materials and identify discrepancies or mistakes (i.e., proofreading)
Ability to provide information and assistance to assigned staff and customers
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required and at least 1-3 years Culinary Arts, and/or Restaurant management experience.
ServSafe or ability to obtain ServSafe within 30 days of hire.
Food service management experience required, which includes but is not limited to production, service and sanitation.
Job Open Date: 02/17/2020 This posting will remain open until closed: No Job Close Date: 02/23/2021 Salary Band: Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is an internal posting open to current, Auburn University at Montgomery and Auburn University employees only.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4501 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is open to current, full-time Auburn University
at Montgomery (AUM) and full-time Auburn University (AU) employees
only. Are you a current, full-time AUM/AU employee?