International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for an Operations Assistant ! The position will provide administrative support to the ISSS team by assisting with duties such as but not limited to immigration check-in procedures, scanning and sending documents, evaluating and distributing electronic requests, emailing students, entering data into databases, drafting letters, managing virtual advising sessions, and similar administrative tasks. The Operations Assistant will perform virtual and/or in-person front desk/reception duties at the main entrance to the office of Education Abroad and ISSS.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
International Student and Scholar Services serves the University of Colorado Boulder by:
- facilitating the entry, success, and retention of over 2000 international students and 750 international scholars.
- advocating on their behalf to ensure that they are afforded every opportunity to complete their educational, research, and/or professional objectives.
- providing educational, social, and cultural programs that foster the integration and success of the international population on campus and in the local community.
- promoting a greater understanding and appreciation for all cultures.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Administrative Assistance to ISSS Staff
- Provide ISSS staff including Director with administrative support, including, scanning and indexing, making copies, filing, room and meeting scheduling, taking minutes at meetings, email notifications, data entry, distributing mail and shipping, supply purchasing, drafting letters, emails, and other communications, and additional administrative tasks.
Monitoring and Distribution of Incoming Electronic Requests
- Monitor, evaluate, and distribute large volumes of electronic requests from departments, international students and scholars to ISSS team members.
- Index the uploaded documents into the database and detail all interactions in the electronic records management system.
Front Desk Reception
- Provide virtual and/or in-person front desk coverage for the main entrance of the office serving visitors for both Education Abroad and ISSS.
- Take weekly shift(s) at the front desk, provide breaks to other front desk personnel, fill in for vacations, etc.
- Answer phone calls on multiple incoming lines, greet visitors in person, answer inquiries, and provide accurate information and referrals.
- Follow office protocols for front desk staff for referring students to Education Abroad or ISSS advisors. Manage virtual advising sessions.
Other Miscellaneous Duties
- Assist with projects within the ISSS office to improve efficiency and customer service, e.g. development of internal processes and communications such as handouts and forms, communications updates, etc.
- Participate in and help implement ISSS team meetings, new international student orientation, social and educational programs for international students & scholars, etc. Engage in professional development and compliance training opportunities. Other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer
Salary range is $38,000 - $42,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Supportive. Be Willing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Proven ability to communicate well with non-native speakers of English.
- Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize, manage time effectively, and pay attention to details.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor's degree.
- Familiarity with Sunapsis database, CU-SIS database, Microsoft Teams Instant Messaging, OnBase, and Qualtrics Survey Software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in using multi-line phone systems.
- Cross-cultural communication skills and awareness.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 24, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications need to be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder