Public Health Associate (16660)
The Public Health Associate will play an integral part in the coordination of COVID-19 testing and the coordination of related student support for the Student Health Center (SHC).
- Oversee testing of asymptomatic students for COVID-19 via nasal swabs.
- Coordinate the support needs for any student who tests positive and needs to be in isolation. This includes coordination of logistics and services related to housing, telehealth, mental health support, medical supplies, and other needs
- Process all lab work for COVID-19 testing with 3rd party lab.
- Help Associate Director facilitate flu shot clinic organization.
- Help collect and process specimens for asymptomatic students in the SHC.
- Work with the DC Department of Health (DOH) contact tracing experts to test and arrange for quarantine of all students who are contacts of a known COVID-19 case.
- Coordinate specimen pickup with Fed-Ex.
- Maintain daily phone contact with asymptomatic students in quarantine.
- Miscellaneous non-clinic work involving the public health of the university surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- May occasionally require some weekend hours.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 28 hours/week.
- Coordinator/Analyst B
- The position will exist during the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent a pre-med, public health or other health-related field
- Less than 1 year of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of or interest in public/community health.
- Experience working with an electronic health records/tracking systems.
- Experience in a health, human service, or community-based organization, or institutional setting
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to demonstrate empathy interact professionally with diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress. Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals and assist with identifying solutions to problems identified.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism. in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to organize and express thoughts and information orally in a clear, concise manner, meeting the requirements of the audience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Knowledge of specimen collection, and testing
- Skill using standard office email and word processing software, such as Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.