This position is open until filled.
Supports the financial and support services
department by providing general accounting and financial duties.
Additionally, supports the donor management system through
research, identification, and cultivation of donor data.
This position will be remote through August 2021. The position will
report to physical campus location upon determination of physical
campus opening. This is subject to change.
Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or other related fields
and 3 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those
$36,606 - $45,758
Job Specific Task List:
- Financial Edge experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
1. Reconciles HACC Foundation bank statements to general ledger for
accuracy of cashier deposits, wire and ACH transfers.
2. Prepares cash and interfund transfers for review by the
department head, prepares journal vouchers and reconciles general
3. Assists in developing and documenting internal processes and
procedures, so as to ensure accuracy and mitigate risks.
4. Complete tasks associated with the monthly close process for the
5. Assists in the management of chart of accounts, including
creation and deletion of accounts, projects, and funds.
6. Prepares journal entries ensuring that the correct accounts are
debited and credited
7. Participates in external audit by assisting in the preparation
of work papers, schedules, trial balance, statement of net
position, statement of revenues, expenses, and changes in net
position, and statement of cash flows.
8. Undertakes special projects such as impact of higher or lower
stock market returns on endowment and scholarships, permanent
versus temporarily restricted gifts, etc. and presents findings to
9. Performs `what if' analysis for income, expenses, assets and
liabilities using MS Excel.
10. Compares Foundation budget to actuals, identifies variances and
gets explanations for the same.
11. Conducts in-depth research on current and prospective
individual and organizational donors
12. Conducts wealth screenings on donors and potential donors,
using resources such as LexisNexis and Dun & Bradstreet, and
enters information into donor management system.
13. Attends and assists with both Commencement ceremonies each
14. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned. -
Tasks 1-13 are essential. - (Essential)
Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Jul 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time