Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment (Virtual)
Walden University is a pioneer in student-centered distance education. An accredited graduate institution with a mission for social change, Walden is dedicated to high academic standards and helping students make a difference in their professions, organizations, and communities.The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation is seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment. The position reports directly to the Associate Vice Provost of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation and will work in close collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research and Analytics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the application of benchmarking studies that support the University’s academic programs and institutional decision-making, using appropriate research methodologies and analytical techniques.
- Support the university’s multi-year strategic and annual planning process by creating assessment protocols for various stages, such as spring planning, strategic planning, budgeting and resourcing, and assessment activities.
- Collaborate with partners across the university to advise on benchmarks and targets by which to measure continuous improvement.
- Supervise the creation and maintenance of time-in-series reports for regional and specialized accreditation related to institutional effectiveness measures and evidence of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with academic administrators, faculty, and staff to ensure that institutional effectiveness plans include accessible, measurable, and appropriate data, which are consistently used and reported, and which lead to continuous improvement.
- Research and recommend efficiencies in the processes and products used in data collection, analysis, and dissemination.
- Oversee the assessment of program and co-curricular learning outcomes.
- Supervise office personnel in the areas of assessment and academic and co-curricular program reviews.
- Support university leadership in accountability efforts related to institutional effectiveness.
- Serve on the Institutional Effectiveness Advisory Council.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience as a director of assessment-related activities at a regionally accredited higher educational institution required; an additional 3 years as an executive director of institutional effectiveness activities at a higher education institution preferred.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree required.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation standards and practices.
- Experience in test development and validation, survey design and management, and performance evaluation systems.
- Knowledge of distance learning practices and learning outcomes assessment in higher education.
- Experience managing professionals and student workers.
- Excellent collaboration skills with faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to work with grace under pressure and to tolerate ambiguity at times.
- Experience with the Baldrige Education Criteria for Performance Excellence Framework preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Walden University offers a competitive salary, training, and the opportunity to impact the lives of highly motivated adult learners. Walden is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about the university, please visit our Web site: www.waldenu.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Minneapolis