Analyst, Business Process Reporting
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Analyst, Business Process Reporting Department Student Account Services Compensation Title Position Number 30024503 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Mon – Fri 8:15am – 4:30pm
7.5 hrs daily
37.5 hrs weekly
May require minimal additional hours as needed during heavy cyclical business process times.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
Support the Office of Student Account Services and student information systems of SAP SLCM – Student Accounting Module and web payment portal of Biller Direct. Specific concentration on accelerated online reporting, testing, and configuration detail. Serve as part of the administrative team in the area which includes assisting in creating business process efficiencies with technology solutions and handling student reporting issues as required. Provide extensive, accurate, timely data reports to administration that supports data driven business process decisions. Some web development, and continuous student account data monitoring for integrity and accuracy.
1. Analyze needs and create solutions that make data more useful and accessible in the SAS office, including analyzing tables/fields/parameters, data mining, designing and the creating advanced and customized complex reports meeting the requirements and measures of the business unit.
2. Working knowledge of Business Warehouse reporting.
3. Provides liaison services with other administrative service area constituents as required.
4. Independently develop, design, compile, analyze, and interpret reports from multiple sources including BW, R3, Access, and Business Object reporting apps, validating and ensuring data integrity. Document business technical process flows. Document all departmental reports created.
5. Coordinate, monitor, test and continuously assist in validation of student billings, and annual 1098T tax reporting processing and numerous other SAS business functions and projects as needed.
6. Translate the SAS functional business needs/requirements into IT work specs to execute system modifications and test changes. Coordinate SAS technical support with IT with considerable concentration towards AOL .
7. Utilize various database techniques to input, send, retrieve, maintain, download, merge, research, analyze, interpret data and prepare reports based on such information.
8. Analyze Billing/Receivable student account financial data and resolve any issues. Propose technology solutions to functional business problems which result in higher operational effectiveness.
9. Communicate and provide training to SAS employees about technical skills and other technology related topics including but not limited to hardware/software maintenance, privacy laws, confidentiality, etc. Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for types of computers and peripheral equipment or modifications to existing equipment and systems to streamline reports and maintain business process efficiencies.
10. Train appropriate department employees regarding needed technical functions and/or other technology related topics.
11. Provide project management and computer support services to include installation and preventative maintenance on all SAS internal systems, and interfaces with SAP .
12. Maintain extensive documentation of all reports built/created and utilized.
13. Maintain up to date computer skills and working knowledge of technology and advances.
14. Perform other duties of simular level and complexity as assigned.
15. Maintain and keep office equipment functioning and operations.
16. Professionally represent the university at committee meetings and/or conferences as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills, may be considered.
1.) Communicate effectively.
2.) Establish and maintain effective working relationships, promote teamwork, creativity, high standards of quality and adapt to ever changing work environment.
3.) Maintain excellent verbal, written, organizational and analytical skills.
4.) Work with a variety of people under adverse conditions.
5.) Plan, organize, and make sound judgement decisions under time constraints and pressure.
6.) Utilize the rules of proper grammar, correct spelling, punctuation, and proper arrangement of information.
7.) Build and create queries and/or reports using SAP and SAP Business Warehouse.
8.) Utilize various database techniques to input, send, retrieve, maintain, download, merge, research, analyze, interpret data and prepare reports based on such information.
9.) Perform mathematical functions with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
10.) Assist in monitoring and maintaining SAS website, with attention to creativity, accuracy and detail.
11.) Adapt to changing technology advances.
12.) Lift, move, and relocate computer related equipment up to 50 pounds.
Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Application review will begin March 3rd.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 4 years Salary TBD Pay Grade S73
Requisition Number 2021S1315 Job Open Date 02/17/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9991 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * Please describe your skills and experience with enterprise
system/application support in data warehouseing, data mining,
query, and data analytics tools.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of full-time related experience do you
(Open Ended Question)
- * Explain why you are interested in this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter of Recommendation 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport