Posting Number S01356 Position Title Testing Assistant Internal Position Title Testing Assistant Department Testing Center Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
Under the direct supervision of Manager Testing Centers, the Testing Assistant administers exams, schedules testing appointments, responds to phone calls, enters testing scores into the student database, provides clerical support for maintaining files and records, maintains test security and confidentiality of testing and student information, provide customer service support and information, tracks daily testing statistics, opens and closes center as needed. Assists with distance learning exams as needed.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
3. Familiarity with Microsoft Applications.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse culture, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic; socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience working in a Testing Center or an Educational Setting.
2. Good organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
3. Bilingual (Spanish Speaking)
Posting Date 02/16/2021 Closing Date 03/02/2021 Expected Start Date 03/02/2020 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $13.98 Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 22.00 Work Schedule
Monday- Friday flexible hours.
Software Testing Required Powerpoint, MS Word Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Administers a variety of exams for students, community members, instructors and staff. Exams may include but are not limited to placement testing into CLC courses and programs (such as Academic Proficiency Test, Computer Placement Test, NLN, TABE and others); testing for traditional, distance learning and alternative learning courses (such as CLC classroom make-up, CLC online & hybrid course exams, and other alternative or distance-learning types of exams); accommodated testing for students with disabilities; constitution exams; professional certification exams (such as Certified Nurse Assisting CNA, and other professional licensing or certification exams from external testing companies); credit by exam testing (such as CLEP and DSST ); GED and other High School Equivalency exams; career interests and personality assessments for departments such as Counseling and Career Planning & Placement; and other proctored exams. Exams are administered in computerized, paper, and Internet-based formats with different rules, regulations, and procedures for each exam program. For some exam programs, approval or certification as a test administrator may be required and based on stringent guidelines, educational qualifications, or testing experience.
Student/Customer Service: 90%
- Assists in training new and temporary employees.
- Provides customer service support and information about testing services to students, instructors, staff members in other departments, and others requesting general information by telephone, email, or in person.
- Sets up computers for testing and reports any technical problems.
- Assists supervisors in organizing files, workspace and other special projects
- Acts as a certified GED Examiner for the College of Lake County Grayslake GED Testing Center. Duties include administering the GED exam, ensuring test security, reporting and resolving testing problems, responding to information requests, and other related responsibilities. Administers and maintains exam security for all ICCB -approved High School Equivalency exams.
- Attains exam administrator and proctor certifications, and maintains certifications periodically, as required by outside testing partners and regulatory bodies.
- Schedules testing appointments for examinations such as CLEP, DANTES, SkillCheck and other exams requiring appointments for testing.
- Maintains confidentiality of testing records and student information; completes annual FERPA compliance training.
- Coordinates provision of testing accommodations for students with documented disabilities. Works with supervisors, CLC Disability Office, outside testing agencies, and CLC Testing staff to assure provision of approved accommodations.
- Administers tests in strict compliance with all applicable testing rules, regulations, and procedures; maintains required security of all exam materials and confidentiality of proprietary information; provides clear and concise information and testing instructions to examinees.
- Monitors the testing rooms to ensure examinees are complying with testing rules and procedures. Reports any suspected violations of testing rules and procedures, such as cheating and identity fraud, to supervisors.
Data entry/records coordination: 5%
- Entering scores and managing other paperwork as needed
- Tracks daily testing statistics of exams administered within the testing center
- Enters test scores of college placement examinations into student database management system (PeopleSoft).
- Sharing information with students and community members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Are you familiar with Microsoft Applications?
- * Do you have experience working in a Testing Center or an
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake