Job Code/Title 82701 - H - Scientist RS 1 Position Number HU1287 Working Title Research Scientist Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $29 - $30 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 10-29 hrs/week Normal work days Monday-Friday/varies on need Normal work hours Day shift, varies by need Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Chemical & Life Science Engineering department in the College of
Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University is seeking a highly
motivated, creative and experienced engineer/scientist with expertise in
particle crystallization modeling. The successful candidate should have a
strong understanding of chemical reaction engineering, crystallization, particle population balance, and a proven record of accomplishment of delivering high-quality technical and scientific results. The successful candidate is expected to work in a collaborative environment with our
The research project will involve modeling and prediction of nickel-cobalt-manganese oxide particle formation using hydrothermal reactions. These particles are of interest in the cathode materials for lithium ion batteries. The project will require use of the latest computational tools including
computational fluid mechanics. The project will examine how the process conditions influence the particle size, distribution, internal metal profile, crystal structure, and finally the lithium intercalation characteristics for battery applications.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position limited to 29 hours per week.
- Ph.D. in engineering, physics, chemistry or equivalent professional work experience that equates to a Ph.D.
- Four years of experience in particle crystallization modeling
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate
experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good observation skills.
- Should have a willingness to learn and use specialized
- Familiarity with the research process and principles of research design required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and to handle multiple tasks.
- Successful applicant should be able to generate sound scientific data and associated reports with the ability to present results clear and concisely across frequent internal and external team meetings
- Experience in battery cathode material
- Willingness to help mentor graduate and undergraduate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Open Date 02/17/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103644 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond