Research Analyst (CURA)
Job Code/Title 82691 - H - Research Analyst 1 Position Number HU1288 Working Title Research Analyst (CURA) Department Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $20.00-$26.00 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15-29 / Week Normal work days M-F Normal work hours 8-5 Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Center for Urban and Regional Analysis ( CURA ) at the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs is seeking applicants for the position of Research Analyst.
The primary responsibility of the Associate will be to engage in conducting quantitative and qualitative research in a variety of topics related to economic and social programs and policies under the supervision of senior CURA researchers. For reference, some of CURA’s recent projects can be found here (https://cura.vcu.edu/reports/)
Tasks to be performed include data collection, data wrangling and analysis; presenting meaningful data in tables, graphs, and maps; conducting focus group discussions or interviews; writing reports, making presentations and responding to the sponsor’s/client’s requests; overseeing the work of students that intern at CURA .
The ideal candidate should have a masters degree in Urban Planning or public administration or economics or geographic science, or closely related discipline, and about 1-3 years of experience in the areas of applied economic research, geospatial analysis, or public policy evaluation.
• The applicant is expected to have a clear understanding of how community and economic development happens, the role of economic incentives, and the links between the different aspects of an economic system.
• The applicant is expected to fully master standard office application such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, have working knowledge of ArcGIS software, and proficient in using at least one statistical software for running basic descriptive reports.
• Professionalism, critical thinking, and communication skills (both oral and written) are essential for this position.
Basic knowledge of IMPLAN Pro software or Python or R scripting language is preferred but is not a prerequisite to apply.
Job Open Date 02/17/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103658 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Urban & Regional Planning Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond