Informatics Project Manager
University Code 24234 University Title Senior Business Intellligence Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Informatics Project Manager Position Number 591760 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey Cancer Center is seeking qualified applicants to work with Center Director, Chief Administrative Officer and other leadership to manage all projects related to data acquisition, coordination and implementation. In partnership with the Cancer Informatics Core ( CIC ), this position will work with stakeholders to discuss their needs and facilitate the execution of the projects. Based on requirements of the individual project, this position will collaborate with CIC to determine the impact of changes to programs or systems in order to determine the effort needed to make changes. This position will oversee the implementation of applications and database upgrades and coordinate on-site evaluation of new upgrades on the test environment while providing feedback to developers regarding the new functionality.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Ability to Supervise large team
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
• Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
• Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications
• Ability to communicate with and interpret the operational requirements of end users
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training and experience
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Thorough knowledge of National Cancer Institute Core Grant
5 years related work experience
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information
Only complete online applications will be considered.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 02/17/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103682 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly describe your experience with health informatics and
(Open Ended Question)
- * What specific experiences do you have managing large projects
with diverse stakeholders?
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond