Desktop Support Technician
Desktop Support Technician
Job Number: 2015-1602735
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: PROVOST'S OFFICE
Closing: 3/16/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the IT Services Desktop/Endpoint Support Manager:
The Desktop Support Manager:
Provide Technical support to Faculty and Staff:
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with other ITS staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software. Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Provide telephone device support for faculty and staff.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the Service Now system.
- Take on special projects as requested by management.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Current CompTIA A+ Certification (Essentials and Practical Applications)
- Current CompTIA A+ Remote Support Technician
- Current CompTIA A+ Depot Technician
- B.S. or B.S. in computer related field or vocational training specific to Desktop Support or related work
- Microsoft Certified Professional Certification
- ITIL training and experience
Experience: 4+ years hands-on hardware/software support supporting both Windows and Macintosh computers in a networked environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, verbal and written communications, and computer keyboard skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, productivity software, electronic mail, emulation software, internet, networks, peripherals, security and PC desktops / printers or related technical interest and aptitude to learn. Specific experience with VPN, Active Directory Services, and remote access tools highly desirable.
- Exemplary professionalism and integrity in dealing with users and confidential information.
- Ability to work on projects independently as well as collaboratively with others.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines.
- Must be flexible, friendly, and professional.
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Phone skills
- Active listening skills
- Communication skills
- PC and Mac skills
- Valid California drivers license and use of personal vehicle
- Evening, weekend and overtime work as needed
- Travel to off-campus locations, and to remote
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume & Cover Letter
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys