Student Records Coordinator
Student Records Coordinator
Job Number: 2015-1602726
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: ENROLLMENT & COLLEGE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Closing: 3/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This is a 1-year, full-time, benefits eligible appointment.
Reporting to the Registrar, under the Office of the Vice Provost of Enrollment, the Student Records Coordinator, analyzes, evaluates, consults and processes incoming student, faculty information requests. They also ensure that current regulations and procedures are followed and are communicated to students, faculty, parents and staff, while working along with the Registrar's office team and campus departments in developing plans to integrate web and other electronic resources. Provides service to the Campus Community in the spirit of the Lasallian Tradition.
The Student Records Coordinator assists in the coordination and organization of pre-registration and add/drop activities; provides academic transcripts; prepares and assists in diploma preparation and graduation process; degree verifications, declaration of majors, inventory management in the office, answers multiple telephone requests and assists in enrollment and course scheduling.
1. Document Processing: Process Academic Transcripts through the Degree Verify System and physical requests for current and former students, while observing rules of confidentiality and timeliness. Prepares Declaration of Major/Minor forms. Process Special Action Petitions for student evaluations. Input Grades for Faculty when not submitted electronically.
2. Customer Service: Analyzes, evaluates and processes incoming student and faculty requests in a timely and efficient manner; assists in the coordination and organization of pre-registration and drop/add activities; answers multiple telephone requests and provides information requests in a prompt, accurate and customer focused manner including enrollment and course scheduling information. Ensure that current regulations and procedures are communicated to students, staff and faculty. Responding to department e-mail account and processing forms that are logged in ImageNow.
3. Office support: Cross Training in other areas of Registrar's Office. Assist with Training of Student Workers on various office tasks. Assist with Course Scheduling. Order all supplies for office staff and equipment.
4. Commencement Support: Assists with Grad Fairs and additional logistics during the commencement weekend. Organizes and distributes academic regalia to students participating in commencement; preparation of Diplomas, maintaining records of all diplomas mailed.
5. Other Duties as Assigned: As needed by supervisor.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: AA PREFERRED: BA
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience) Minimum two (2) years experience in a similar setting or in higher education highly desirable; strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Datatel Colleague student system highly desirable.
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) demonstrated excellence in using Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Google Documents, knowledge of document imaging systems preferred, strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume and cover letter.
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys