Executive Director - Provincetown, MA
The Center for Coastal Studies (CCS) seeks an Executive Director to lead its research, education and public policy initiatives. CCS is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1976 and dedicated to understanding and preserving marine ecosystems and the coastal environment. CCS is internationally-known for whale research and rescue programs and has growing research programs in the fields of coastal ecology, geology and fisheries. The dedicated staff strives to advance science, support resource management and educate people of all ages through the wide ranging suite of CCS programs. CCS is based in Provincetown, where it is part of a diverse local community surrounded by nature, within driving distance to Boston.
CCS seeks a strategic leader to empower a talented staff, manage a well-established and multi-faceted organization, and expand its external partnerships. The Executive Director will promote excellence, diversity and collaboration and will act as a strong ambassador to individual, corporate, governmental, public and private partners. The successful candidate will be responsible to a Board of Directors for the strategic, programmatic, financial and operational health of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of and strong appreciation for CCS research, education, and policy priorities; be well-versed in nonprofit management; and have the ability to diplomatically engage a range of audiences on important issues. The following are minimum requirements:
- A proven track record as a professional in a relevant field of research, education or conservation.
- At least five (5) years of experience as the director of a comparable organization or equivalent supervisory and administrative experience.
This position is based in Provincetown, Massachusetts. It requires occasional travel as well as evening and weekend hours. CCS is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This position is open to citizens of the United States of America and those authorized to work in the United States.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and three references, all in PDF format.
For further details on this position please visit our website at www.coastalstudies.org
CCS is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for Executive Director - Provincetown, MA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Provincetown
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Provincetown
- Jobs Outside Academe Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Provincetown
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Provincetown