Deputy Chief Diversity Officer #111490
University of West
Division of Academic Engagement & Student Affairs
Deputy Chief Diversity Officer, Position #111490
The University of West Florida, located in Pensacola, Florida, invites applications for the full-time position of: Deputy Chief Diversity Officer, Position #111490
The Deputy Chief Diversity Officer will support campus-wide efforts to strengthen diversity and inclusion as we work toward Inclusive excellence at The University of West Florida. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Engagement and Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer, The Deputy CDO is responsible for development and oversight of short-term and long-range diversity planning that aligns with the University’s Diversity Plan. The Deputy CDO will assist the VP/CDO in planning meetings of The President’s Council for Diversity and inclusion and will also assess diversity and inclusion efforts annually to assist in decision making and planning for the division and the university. The Deputy CDO will work collaboratively with the VP/CDO to collaborate with units across campus and community partners with a similar commitment to diversity and inclusion. Diversity and inclusion work are dynamic, and for that reason the ideal candidate should be immersed in current events as well as trends in D&I work. It is important that the Deputy CDO have an understanding of the needs of students, faculty and staff and the impact that current issues may have on the community (campus, local, state, national and global) and how UWF can play a role in educating and addressing those needs. It is important that the candidate be adaptable, collaborative and exhibit strong communication, conflict management and cross-cultural competency skills.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement diversity initiatives that increase the support, retention, matriculation, and graduation of students from underrepresented populations at UWF.
- Serve as a liaison with Colleges, Departments, and professional units, to create strategies to support recruitment and retention efforts for employee and student diversity.
- Work with the President’s Council on Diversity and assist the VP/CDO with scheduling meetings and diversity planning updates.
- Support and expand Cross cultural competency training program for students, faculty and staff. Implement communication strategies for trainings and web resources for campus and external groups.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with key leaders throughout the community
- Establish strong relationships with students and campus groups committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Compile diversity report by collecting data to assess institutional effectiveness at achieving diverse and inclusive environment.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, communication, education or related field with at least 7 years or more of experience working with diverse student populations in higher education.
- Doctorate in counseling, communication, education or a related field with 4 or more years of significant experience working with diverse populations in higher education.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Strong Administrative skills, leadership skills and management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A passion for diversity and inclusion and commitment to inclusive excellence
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with individual and groups across campus and in the community
- Experience with Diversity Planning in Higher education
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or other University employees.
- Ability to defuse conflict.
- Self-motivated, cooperative and flexible
For the complete announcement and position description, including qualifications and experience, and to apply please visit https://uwf.edu/offices/human-resources/careers/. Applicants should attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of three professional references with contact information, and at least three (3) letters of recommendation to the online application.
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 annually. Preferred response date for applications is March 19, 2021.
The University of West Florida is located in Pensacola, the crown jewel of Florida’s beautiful Emerald Coast, known worldwide for its pristine white-sand beaches. The area is famous for its pleasant climate and location on the Gulf of Mexico and enjoys a comparatively low cost of living. The campus is situated on a 1,600-acre nature preserve where over 12,000 students enjoy the benefits of small classes and personal attention from their professors.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pensacola