Registrar Clerk (PT)
Registrar Clerk (PT)
Salary: $12.50 per hour
Mohawk Valley Community college is in search to fill a part-time clerical position to assist the diverse college campus population with the registrar functions of the College. The ideal candidate will have the ability to directly support the college mission. The College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
This position is responsible for preforming general clerical duties including but not limited to: answering the phone, front-desk duties, filing, scanning and data entry. This position is responsible for following academic policies and procedures for data entry in a computer information system. The employee in his class is responsibility for maintaining an adequate work flow between word processing, data entry and computer operation functions across multiple software applications. The position requires keen attention to detail and accuracy of work, in addition to the ability exercise of independent judgment in carrying out details of the work.
Successful candidates will be required to successfully complete the Oneida County Civil Service Application for approval.
General Job Duties:
- Works directly with diverse students making sure students are supported to be successful
- Clerical job related duties: answering phones, front desk, scanning and filing;
- Converts raw data into computer source documentation by coding and editing a variety of source information prior to entry into a computer information system;
- Follows academic policy and procedures to update and maintain existing academic records in the database to ensure accuracy of the data utilizing a variety of software applications;
- Recognizes errors in source documents or original entries and follows up with corrections prior to release for processing, working with supervisor to trouble shoot problems and/or find solutions for improvement;
- Works well with various employees involved in preparation of data for eventual computer processing and storage;
Eit her: (A) Graduation from high school or possession of high school equivalency diploma; OR (B) Two (2) years of clerical experience.
Customer service skills, data entry and auditing experience and familiarity with general office procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire. Oneida County application approval needed for hire.
Review Start Date: 3/1/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica