Senior Project Director - Technology, Law and Security Program (16940)
The Senior Project Director’s primary responsibility will be to develop, and lead assigned Technology, Law and Security Program (TLS) research projects. The incumbent will conduct in-depth research, write, publish, organize and coordinate convenings, and develop public outreach and communications strategies. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and overseeing all TLS student-focused initiatives, to include, but not limited to, curriculum development, mentorship and student development programs, student outreach, and career development. The Senior Director will also supervise research assistants and coordinate with and supervise as directed the activities of other project team members.
- Perform in depth and thorough legal and policy research.
- Develop and lead TLS law and policy research projects; supervise assigned researchers and project team members.
- Draft memoranda, reports, publication quality papers, blog posts, background papers, and other written products.
- Develop and oversee student-focused TLS initiatives and programs; supervise TLS personnel as directed.
- Travel required; minimal
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Project Leader/Advisor B
- This position is contingent on external funding.
Required Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to related well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment and ability to maintain and exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, using language with precision; and construct logical arguments.
- Ability to effectively leads a team of employees which includes planning, coordinating, and monitoring the work of others assigned on a project or program basis, providing technical guidance, coaching and feedback, and building effective work relationships.
- Strong writing skills and ability to proofread and edit copy.
- Ability to manage and implement program activities including the development of objectives, action plans and timelines, developing, managing program budgets, and evaluating the effectiveness of program operations.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks accurately under pressure.
- Skill using email, word processing, spreadsheet/ data analysis and presentation development software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint while preparing briefings, reports and presentations.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.