Program Assistant, AUx (14699)
The Program Assistant’s primary function is to provide administrative and logistical support to the American University Experience (AUx) Program. The incumbent will handle confidential information and materials with discretion. The work includes a wide range of duties including administrative and programmatic support, scheduling of curricular elements, and assisting with supervision of the AUx Peer Facilitators. Responsible for coordinating the training sessions for American University Experience I (AUx1) and American University Experience II (AUx2). Works with the Manger to organize the scheduling of the curricular elements of the program.
- Administrative and Program Support: Provides logistical support to the AUx Program. Works with the Manager to plan, coordinate, and implement all American University Experience activities consistent with the program’s goals, including promoting and arranging logistics for all American University Experience events and other programmatic activities. Duties include maintaining calendars, creating new processes, preparing drafts and editing documents. Drafts routine letters and memos and prepares documents for the Manager as needed, including preparation of adjunct appointments. Supervision of office operations, including screening calls and emails, taking messages, and providing accurate information to the university community as appropriate. Orders office supplies and handle general expenditures. Under the supervision of the Manager, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining records of invoices, preparing and reviewing reimbursements, and reconciling the departmental credit card. Organizes and maintains filing system for the office. Maintains pending file with deadlines for ongoing projects. Manages the daily flow of correspondence/mail. Coordinates the collection, analyses, compilation and submission of data for documents. Manages social media sites to communicate programmatic updates and upcoming events via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email. In conjunction with the Manager, prepares AUx materials for administrators at all levels of the University, including the President’s Cabinet, the Faculty Senate, and the Provost.
- Students & Academics: Assists with the supervision of undergraduate Peer Facilitators, including recruitment, application review, interview process, and training. Manages the logistics for focus groups and meetings with the assessment team. Serves as a contact point for all prospective/current students in the American University Experience Program. Works with campus partners within and across Academic Affairs and Campus Life to identify the needs of the undergraduate student population.
- Academic Scheduling of Classes: Under the supervision of the Manager, works with the Office of the Registrar and appropriate UEAS staff and University partners on academic schedule development to ensure all AUx courses are scheduled. Submits updates to the schedule of classes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position reports directly to the Manager of AUx
- The position will work with other members of the Undergraduate Education and Academic Student Services team as well as other administrative units across the university
- This position requires self-direction, careful attention to detail, and minimal supervision
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Associate A
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of administrative support experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent time management skills, interpersonal skills, and work independently
- Must be detail and results oriented; have the ability to work on multiple tasks
- Possess problem solving skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and exercise sound judgment
- The ability to deal with confidential material and excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Administrative work experience in higher education
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A high level of discretion is required due to exposure and access to highly confidential and sensitive information
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.