HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting the objectives of the organization and the needs of employees and management within a designated business unit. The HR Business Partner formulates partnerships and delivers value-added service, guidance and consultation to assigned constituents regarding human resources best practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, and compliance with regulations and state and federal law.
The HR Business Partner reports to the Director of HR Operations and provides direction and guidance to HR Operations Associates.
All job duties are to be performed within an assigned employee group.
1 . Provide advice and consultation to supervisors on recruitment, selection, and other employment processes and consult with search committees to communicate these guidelines, procedures and legal regulations. Respond to inquiries from employees regarding interpretation of employment policies and procedures. Provide confidential consultations with employees regarding transfer and promotional opportunities and procedures.
2. Actively recruit prospective employees by planning outreach activities, attending job fairs, and developing programs and processes that market and promote Ithaca College’s employment opportunities with the goal of ensuring the appropriate supply and flow of employees necessary to meet the College’s human resource needs.
3. Participate in pre-screening and interviewing of position applicants as requested by departments, negotiate and coordinate job offers and employment terms and conditions, and prepare associated correspondence and documentation. Monitor offer letters and other employment records to ensure compliance with College policy and with state and federal regulations. Maintain best practices for hiring supervisors and search chairs to use throughout the recruitment process. Conduct orientation and onboarding programs for new employees.
4. Develop and maintain an understanding of Ithaca College’s wide range of employee benefit and work/life programs and procedures. Coordinate flexible work arrangements. Consult with employees and supervisors to ensure compliance and understanding of the programs and policies.
5. Counsel employees on their rights and responsibilities for Workers' Compensation, Long-term Disability, Short-term disability, FMLA, ADA, and other programs. Provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities so they can complete the application process or perform their work.
6. Assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
7. Develop and maintain functional working knowledge of the IC HR Cloud to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data entry of personal and employment information. Develop and maintain reports and analyze statistics regarding employment data. Provide end-user training.
8. Consult with supervisors to identify employee and department development needs, develop training plans, and implement programs and initiatives. Provide career and performance coaching for employees and develop assessment and outcome measures to determine development program and coaching effectiveness. Manage proactive and positive employee relations. Counsel and advise employees and initiate referrals to Employee Assistance Program. Review exit interview data, identify recurring issues and make recommendations for improvement.
9. Prepare and update job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements. Serve as a resource to staff and administrators to provide compensation program information and assistance, and interpretation of policies and legal requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
10. Keep abreast of key developments, trends, and changes to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and college policies.
Bachelors degree and 2 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies. Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Individuals with experience supporting Academic Faculty are highly desired.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.