The Walden architecture team is looking for a talented, highly motivated Cloud Architect to design and lead implementation of solutions in cloud platforms. The cloud architect will work with internal business/IT teams and external vendors to design and lead implementation of secure, scalable and highly available solutions in cloud platforms. Cloud architect will design and lead implementation of automatic pipelines to automate build and deployment of applications and infrastructure to cloud platforms. Cloud architect will work with operations team to implement proactive monitoring and ensure that logging and auditing is available for troubleshooting.
- Design efficient, secure, adaptable, scalable, and reliable data, networking, application cloud architecture
- Drive all technical design and execution activities to create or migrate cloud IaaS and PaaS architectures.
- Work with security team to implement the best practices to secure cloud environments
- Communicate and socialize design and architecture design decisions.
- Communicate with senior leaders regarding the architecture, discuss problems and recommend solutions and improvements.
- Interact and work with application and business team members to provide the optimal environment for applications to deliver business functionality.
- Introduce and develop Infrastructure automation in the environment including IAC, CI/CD pipelines, and automated configuration management.
- Introduce and develop proactive monitoring, disaster recovery, logging and auditing to ensure maximum uptime for the cloud solution
- Design and Drive migration of legacy application to serverless architecture in GCP
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or in related field
- 5-10 years infrastructure or solution architecture experience designing and implementing cloud-based solution architectures for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Hands on experience with one of the three primary public clouds: AWS, GCP, or Azure (GCP preferred)
- Experience designing and implementing the following foundational elements in a cloud architecture
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or A.I.
- Network configuration, including but not limited to: Virtual Private Networks (VPN), forwarding rules, DNS, CDN, NAT)
- Identity and Access (IAM) configuration, including but not limited to: user and group administration, least privilege access design, organization, project and folder design.
- Security configuration, including but not limited to: network security, endpoint security, and data security
- Monitoring, Alerting, and Logging configuration including event threat detection, compliance monitoring, and data archival
- Billing configuration including labeling, cost monitoring and allocation.
- Experience designing and implementing automation solutions like Infrastructure as Code (IAC) solutions to build up and tear down infrastructure using Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, GCP Deployment Manager, or Azure DevOps
- Experience in Firebase, Kubernetes Service, Big Query, Cloud Fusion, Pub Sub and Cloud SQL or any of these in open-source equivalent
- Experienced in the architecture, design, device to cloud integration and development of internet of things software solutions
- Design and debug experience for solutions involving hardware, imbedded firmware, server backend at scale, mobile and multiple web applications in a micro-service architecture
- Understanding of SAFE framework is a plus