Enrollment Services Assistant*
Posting Number S01353 Position Title Enrollment Services Assistant* Internal Position Title Enrollment Services Assistant* Department Adult Education Testing Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Enrollment Services Assistant*, under the supervision of the Enrollment Services Specialist conducts intake, testing, new student orientation, registration and placement of students in appropriate Adult Education classes. In addition, the Enrollment Services Assistant enters information into the adult education data systems, provides reports as requested, and other duties as assigned.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Associate Degree
2. Experience with diverse populations.
3. Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Spanish.
4. Proficient in computer software programs for data entry and reports.
1. Experience working with limited English proficient adults.
2. Speaking skills in other foreign languages.
3. Good organizational, communication and customer service skills.
4. Valid Illinois Driver’s License
Posting Date 03/08/2021 Closing Date 03/21/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
This position is for the Grayslake campus and often requires travel to Lakeshore, Southlake, and other community sites.
This is a grant funded position; continued employment in this position is based on external funding sources.
Pay Rate $15.17/Hr Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 26.00 Work Schedule
Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., some Saturdays required.
Up to 24 hours per week.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations: 27%
1) Works with the business and admissions offices to correct changes and/or holds.
2) Scans the test forms for upload into the Basic Skill test instrument database (e.g., TopsPro).
3) Checks the database if all test scores for the students were read by the scanner and transferred to the test to the test database.
4) Manages the laptop and hotspot checkout process including keeping track of equipment inventory.
5) Enters application, enrollment, and test results data into the DAISI and PeopleSoft database.
6) Prepares and compiles test forms and booklets for post-testing in the classroom and at the community sites.
7) Conducts New Student Orientations and works with advisors to facilitate student enrollment.
8) Works outreach and recruitment events as needed.
9) Calls students to help them enroll and support program overall enrollment.
10) Organizes and maintains all testing materials and files.
11) Schedules students for test sessions in STARS .
12) Organizes and maintains all records of requests for assistance during the intake process.
13) Provides Instructors with requested reports(e.g. test reports).
14) Assists the Lake County Job Center on testing their clients.
15) Directs students to the appropriate department for assistance.
16) Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Service: 70%
1) Provides daily intake and testing services by responding to student inquiries on the phone, in-person, via email, and virtual web conferencing.
2) Assists students in completing applications and other enrollment and testing forms.
3) Proctors the pre and post tests adhering to the policies and procedures of the state ICCB and Basic Skills test instrument (e.g., CASAS, TABE ).
4) Collaborates with the advisors for the proper course and NRS placement of students.
5) Assists students in registering for classes during priority and regular registration.
6) Provides One Stop services at the Enrollment Services Center and community sites as assigned by the Operations and Compliance Manager.
7) Communicates and facilitates the understanding of the college’s testing and registration process for Adult Education classes.
8) Provides all enrollment services via web conferencing software.
9) Assists with recruitment efforts during registration.
10) Assists students with holds.
11) Provides technology support to students and instructors in Adult Education.
12) Assists students with CLC log-in credentials.
13) Assists students with CLC password resets.
14) Assists students with Canvas.
15) Assists instructors with student questions.
16) Provides assistance to students with web-conferencing issues.
17) Provides assistance to students seeking services outside of the College(e.g legal services).
18) Provides laptop and hotspot assistance to students and instructors.
19) Performs other duties as assigned.
Project Leadership: 1%
1) Update point of service survey
2) Develop and maintain laptop/hotspot checkout process.
1) Develop new literature for enrollment services
2) Travel to community sites at least 20%
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- * Are you proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Spanish?
- * Do you have experience working with diverse populations?
- * Do you have experience working with limited English
- * Do you have speaking skills in other foreign languages?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake