Posting Number S01354 Position Title Testing Specialist Internal Position Title Testing Specialist Department Testing Center, SLC Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Testing Center Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Testing Center Manager and in conjunction with Dean, Academic Success, assists in the supervision and coordination of testing services at the Southlake Campus. The Testing Center Specialist is responsible for administering tests in compliance with a variety of applicable testing rules, regulations and standards, scoring and reporting test results, maintaining test security and records, and other related responsibilities. The Testing Center Specialist assists in supervising and training testing employees.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Computer proficiency using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, various software programs, and computer troubleshooting.
3. Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and abilities.
4. Good organizational, communications, and customer service skills.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience working in testing or an educational setting.
2. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Posting Date 03/22/2021 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
*This position is open until filled.
Pay Rate $18.59/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Southlake Total Hours per week 20.00 Work Schedule
Monday through Thursday 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm; Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Monday – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Tuesday – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Wednesday – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Thursday – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Customer Service: 40%
1) Supplies clear and concise instructions and information for testing participants and staff.
2) Communicates and interacts with staff, faculty, external testing services, community partners and others to ensure effective and efficient delivery of testing services.
3) Handles and resolves customer service and staff issues and reports them to the supervisor as appropriate.
Testing Operations/ Dept Ops & Procedures: 30%
1) Aids in supervising and coordinating testing services at the Southlake Campus. Testing includes placement testing into college courses and programs such as English, Math and ELI and others); testing for traditional, distance learning and alternative learning courses (make up and online exams); accommodated testing for students with disabilities; professional certification testing (professional licensing and certification exams from external testing companies) credit by exam testing ( CLEP and DSST ); counseling and career assessments and other proctored exams. Exams are administered in computerized, paper and internet-based formats with different rules, regulations, and procedures for each test.
2) Handles and resolves technical and testing software support issues with Information Technology department and external technical support services and reports issues to supervisor
3) Serves as Pearson Vue Center proctor.
4) Attends all trainings, certification programs and professional development workshops necessary to ensure the appropriate, effective, and efficient delivery and supervision of testing services.
5) Handles proctoring and testing payments.
6) Maintains proficiency in testing and college related technology such as RegisterBlast, Zoom, Microsoft applications, Canvas and NetSupport.
Test Security/ Dept Ops & Procedures: 25%
1) Administers all exams in strict compliance with all applicable testing rules, regulations, and procedures.
2) Scores and reports test results as appropriate.
3) Maintains exam security, records, and confidentiality of testing student information.
1) Serves as the safety coordinator for the Southlake Campus.
2) Aids in updating and maintaining training manuals for testing services provided.
3) Aids in maintaining inventory of all supplies and materials for testing services.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have experience working with people from diverse
backgrounds and abilities?
- * Are you proficient using word processing, spreadsheets,
databases, various software programs, and computer troubleshooting?
- * Do you have experience working in testing or an educational
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake