Job Title Payroll Technician Posting Number S866P Classification Title
Assists with processing payroll for University by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in preparing and processing payroll and related reports.
2. Instruct departments regarding the use of the time tracking system.
3. Ensure the accurate processing of wage and other compensation payments to employees of the University.
4. Assists in reconciling and input Federal Work Study ( FWS ) journals and adjustments for students who are eligible.
5. Works closely with financial aid on aid by code report for Federal Work Study recipients.
6. Participates in cross-training activities to assure office work coverage.
7. Answers inquiries from student, staff, and faculty issues.
8. Assist with reconciling monthly account balances to the general ledger and assist in the annual and interim audit.
9. General ledger data entry into the CBU data storage system (CX).
10. Assists with special projects as necessary, as directed by the Assistant Director of Accounting/Payroll.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Open Date 02/16/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6322 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside