Student Accounts Counselor
Job Title Student Accounts Counselor Posting Number S867P Classification Title
Under general supervision this position is to provide quality customer service by assisting students through the financial clearance process from matriculation to graduation; to set up payment arrangements; and to continuously monitor student accounts to insure proper billing, collections and refunds are taking place by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Present a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University.
2. Counsel students and parents regarding their financial obligation to the University.
3. Explain the University’s policies and procedures as they relate to student accounts.
4. Review student billing and financial aid awards to determine out of pocket costs and balance due; assist students with setting up a payment plan to cover.
5. Work closely with Financial Aid, Office of the Registrar, Residence Life, Campus Life, Advising, Enrollment Services and other offices of the University. Maintain a positive working relationship with these areas and foster an atmosphere of goodwill and teamwork across departments.
6. Thoroughly respond to inquiries from students, parents and staff by way of email, phone and in person.
7. Monitor student account balances, keeping students informed of their account status. This may involve follow-up with the students regarding payment plans and the application of financial aid.
8. Assist with collection efforts of past due accounts.
9. Manage student account holds; verify clearance to register and to receive transcripts and diploma.
10. Determine book voucher eligibility; issuance of book vouchers.
11. Initiate student refund requests for students with excess funds or overpayments.
12. Coordinate and follow-up on payment plans with the contracted tuition management service.
13. Invoice and coordinate with Veteran Affairs, Employers, Department of Rehabilitation, ROTC, etc. for students with benefits from outside organizations.
14. Maintain student files and correspondence.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Through knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Open Date 02/16/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6324 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside