Student Accounts Assistant
Job Title Student Accounts Assistant Posting Number S868P Classification Title
Under general supervision this position is to assist in the daily functions of the Student Accounts office by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answer incoming calls, receives and distributes mail.
2. Assist with monitoring the Student Accounts email inbox.
3. Tuition and Fee Agreement data entry and correspondence.
4. Post book voucher charges.
5. Receive, and process payments and deposits for Student Accounts and other departments.
6. Prepare daily bank deposits.
7. Maintain cash box and athletics meal money box.
8. Handle processing of NSF checks and monitor the bad check list.
9. Process journal entries related to cashiering and student account adjustments.
10. Assist with refund check processing.
11. Assist with collection letter processing.
12. Maintain housing deposit, journal entry, and laptop log.
13. Monitor inventory and order office supplies.
14. Maintain cashiering records and correspondence.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Open Date 02/16/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6326 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside