Director of Bay College West Student Services
Director of Bay College West Student Services
Bay West - Iron Mountain
Typical hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST with occasional evening hours to support student events.
The Director of Bay College West Student Services provides leadership, coordination and administrative oversight for student issues and services delivered at the West Campus.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, counseling or a related field
- Three (3) years of office experience in a management capacity
- Student-centered philosophy
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with computer software as it relates to student records information, word processing, spreadsheet and database management software
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of, and ability to work within, continuous improvement system
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Master's Degree
- Post-secondary work experience preferred
- Jenzabar EX experience
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate the Bay College West Student Services team that primarily serves as Bay College's initial contact with prospective students, their families, and the public in general
- Develop and implement systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of student services on the West Campus
- Support development of Campus budgets, annual goals and objectives, reports, and cooperative agreements for student services
- Organize and conduct campus tours with prospective students and parents
- Serve as student ombudsperson at the West Campus
- Advise and assist students with the financial aid appeal process, and schedule appropriately for future success
- Collaborate with the college's personal counselor and Behavioral Assessment Team on behavioral and mental health concerns, as warranted
- Ensure compliance with College policies and procedures as they relate to student services functions
- Provide comprehensive and proactive academic advising by supporting academic, career, personal planning
- Help students identify their educational and career goals and guide students to select programs of study that are relevant to these goals and courses that fulfill necessary program requirements
- Provide advising and coaching while engaging with students in a proactive, personalized, and integrated way in order to connect students to on and off-campus resources
- Target risk and intervention: proactively working with students to prevent course failure and program stop-out by supporting timely and effective interventions to increase student retention and completion
- Coordinate the transfer of students with two-year and four-year schools
- Collaborate with Bay College faculty on academic plans for advisees
- Advise students who want to or plan to transfer to universities to complete their bachelor's degrees
- Assist the general student population with class scheduling and curriculum requirements, as well as general college advising
- Act as contact person for Bay College West students who are experiencing challenges either academically or personally
- Assist in the registration process
- Advise the Vice President of Student Services and Dean of Bay College West Campus in matters related to student services at the West Campus
- Provide input to the Vice President of Student Services, Full-Time Faculty and Deans to consult the annual course schedule, as it pertains to Bay College West
- Coordinate with the Director of Admissions and Director of Student Life to organize and implement the College's student orientation (SOAR) program at Bay College West
- Serve as a liaison to Student Life, Financial Aid, Admissions, Records, and Transfer offices
- Coordinate and implement multiple student activities, including: Welcome Student Cookout, Super Bowl Party, Mardi Gras, etc.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Life, coordinate and implement campus entertainers.
- Assist with the creation of student clubs and organizations at Bay College West
- Monitor the West Campus portion of CAB budget lines, and allocate the funds appropriately
- Coordinate the facilitation of accommodations for West Campus students as needed through the direction of the Director of Accessibility at West Campus
- Support the Director of Admissions with hosting College Night and other recruitment opportunities on Bay College West's campus
- Serve on college teams, search committees and community projects as appropriate and requested
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and attend meetings at the Escanaba campus, as needed
- Attend professional conferences, workshops, webinars, etc. and maintain professional memberships as warranted
- Assist as necessary in building and maintaining effective relationships between the student services departments throughout the College
- Responsible to interpret problem situations and make decisions to allow for corrective measures to be taken. Ability to respond in a prompt and rational manner in stressful situations.
- Responsible to research and analyze various types of data information and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and/or government law
- Any other duties as assigned
Bay College offers the following benefits: health, life, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems or TIAA/CREF (12% employer contribution), 403(b), YMCA membership, a Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
$50,484 - $63,105 annually
Pay Grade Level:
This position supervises two support staff position at the West Campus, Enrollment Facilitator and Student Service Facilitator.
Works under the general supervision of the Dean of Bay College West Campus and in collaboration with the Vice President of Student Services.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specailist
Quicklink for Posting:
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba