Director of Recruitment
Director of Recruitment & Retention (AA21130)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Education, College of
Unit: Cen for Educator P'ships & Student Suppo211, MSUAASF
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to January 6, 2021.
POSITION: Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
In coordination with the Dean of the College of Education (COE), the COE Director of the Center for Educator Partnerships & Student Support, and COE Advising, the director will provide overall leadership, vision and direction for college level recruitment and retention with specific emphasis on students of color. The director will lead Teachers of Tomorrow (ToT), a comprehensive support program that helps students navigate academic, licensure and graduation requirements. This position plays a key role in ensuring the college prepares educators who meet the needs of P-12 students and serves as a resource for the college to advance racial equity, social justice and anti-racist initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in teaching, education, leadership or outreach.
- Demonstrated understanding of racial equity and social justice and the critical need to recruit and retain more teachers of color into the profession.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working with university stakeholders and P-12 constituents.
- Demonstration of superb communication skills.
This position requires a valid, applicable driver’s license, as well as a DVS records check with an acceptable rating. Employees must have an active, valid, and, applicable driver’s license if they drive a vehicle on state business. For further information, please refer to the Driver’s License and Record Check Policy (HR/LR Policy #1419), which can be found at: https://mn.gov/mmb-stat/policies/1419-hrpolicy-dlrchecks.pdf.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to match capabilities of the college with the needs of P-12 schools.
- Experience building trust and rapport with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in strategic program planning, development and implementation.
- Knowledge of research-based practices and application.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on the College of Education can be found at: www.ed.mnsu.edu
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Dr. Teresa Kruizenga or Tracy Stokes-Hernandez
Search Committee Co-Chair
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M071M
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 12/16/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1715
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.