Director of Online Programs (AA21125)
Director of Online Programs (AA21125)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Online Programs
Unit: Extended Campus211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to January 6, 2021.
POSITION: Probationary; Range E*
Salary Minimum: $59,867
Salary Maximum: $104,244
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Director of Online Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato provides strategic leadership in the area of online and distance programs, in alignment with the System's and University's strategic directions and high priority goals. The Director serves as the campus expert on online programs and related policies and practices. The position reports to the Dean of University Extended Campus and collaborates extensively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the university provides online programs and services that meet the needs of students and faculty. University Extended Campus includes programs at our Edina location at 7700 France, Normandale, Iron Range, Mesabi, other remote programming as well as Minnesota State Mankato's online programs. The four online self-sustaining pilot programs had an enrollment of 930 students during the initial 2 years. The intent is to grow this delivery along with the many other online degrees and certificates. The Director will provide oversight for the day-to-day development and management of Minnesota State University, Mankato's online programs including development, administration, marketing, assessment and more. The Director models and implements practices that support diversity, equity, and inclusion. Providing university-wide coordination, managing diverse relationships and program needs, ensuring online program assessment, this position will facilitate a quality, consistent Maverick experience for students, faculty, and staff in online and distance programs while increasing enrollment and student success.
- Master’s degree (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in delivering academic programs online (or an equivalent combination of post-secondary training, education and/or experience).
- Extensive experience with technology required to offer courses in a quality online learning environment.
- Experience working with people at all levels of higher education to develop and facilitate programs and services to online audiences.
- Understanding of and experience with practices that support diversity, equity, and inclusion and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Doctorate degree.
- 5+ years of experience delivering programs online.
- Experience managing campus-wide programs.
- Experience working across departmental and college cultures.
- Successful program development experience.
- Evidence of a student success focus to work.
- Knowledge of budget planning and management.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Search Committee Chair
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M070M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 12/14/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1711
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.