Job ID: 224089
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0712100 - Office of Financial Aid
Coordinate financial aid application process from first contact to completed award. Provide students with financial aid counseling, awarding, and electronic federal and state information, as well as provide information on available programs, procedures, and eligibility.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Assist students by evaluating financial aid requests and making award adjustments and/or recalculations
- Evaluate student academic progress relative to GSU's policy
- Maintain knowledge of all current federal and state regulations governing financial aid to ensure compliance
- Perform verification on financial aid requirements
- Work with various campus departments to ensure program efficiency for students by providing outreach programming on financial aid issues
- Represent Financial Aid Office at University events related to recruitment
- Support all aspects of students' needs for program from acceptance to graduation
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
March 1, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without assistance
- Duties may require standing, walking, stooping, bending,
sitting, and typing, reading for lengthy periods
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=224089&PostingSeq=1