Senior Manager-Development (Fundraising & Communications Data Strategy)
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
In partnership with a dedicated philanthropic community, the
Office of Development and Alumni Affairs helped to transform NYU
Langone Health into one of the top academic medical centers in the
country and continues to foster significant advancements
enterprise-wide. Our team recently completed a $3 billion campaign,
which rallied tremendous local and national support, including NYU
Grossman School of Medicine’s thriving alumni network. This
remarkable base of individuals, families, foundations, and
organizations provided critical funding for our large-scale
Manhattan campus transformation and is a driving force behind the
enterprise’s expansive research portfolio, innovations in medical
education, and one of the nation’s best and safest patient care
programs. In 2018 our School made history with its Tuition Free
initiative, becoming the first top-tier medical school in the
country to provide full-tuition scholarships to all MD degree
students—funded entirely through philanthropy. And in the face of
the COVID-19 pandemic, our team has mobilized, reorganized, and
reimagined our mission of support for those striving to save and
improve lives on the front lines and behind the scenes.
The Office of Development and Alumni Affairs is focused on carrying forward this extraordinary momentum and offers special opportunities for fundraising or other skilled professionals passionate about the power of philanthropy in healthcare and health education. We are a robust team of individuals bringing diverse professional and personal experiences to a creative, collaborative fundraising shop.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Manager-Development (Fundraising & Communications Data Strategy).
The Senior Manager-Development (Fundraising & Communications Data Strategy) is a key member of the Donor Stewardship and Experience (DSE) team. The DSE team is responsible for the engagement, recognition, and retention of constituent groups across Development including: individual donors, corporate and event sponsors, and community partners. This position will support the expansion of the institutions donor base by ensuring more effective constituent communication based on a fully integrated data strategy. They will leverage data-driven decision-making in all aspects of large-scale communication execution and future planning.
- Serve as the departmental liaison between fundraising teams and
Fundraising Analytics & Data Services (FADS) to ensure mass
communications & special events data list plans coincide with
overall departmental strategy.
Coordinate with key internal teams to ensure communications data list plans are in compliance with departmental, organizational, and legal requirements & regulations.
Support fundraising teams in developing audience inclusion & exclusion criteria and segmentation strategies for communication data list pulls. Create campaign data strategy briefs to ensure data list requirements are accurate and approved by key stakeholders.
- Manage the execution of data list pulls for donor
communications using Blackbaud CRMs Marketing Effort function.
Manage the invitation data setup process for Events managed within
Ensure excellent data integrity. Perform quality control checks throughout the data list pull process to ensure accuracy at each step.
Seek out and implement ways to improve efficiency in departmental practices in using the database for communications management. Research, develop and implement best practices for data list pull process, in coordination with FADS teams.
- In collaboration with FADS & fundraising teams,
conceptualize new reports that assist the development efforts in
using data to inform donor communications & engagement
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 5-8+ years of relevant experience in a development setting required
- Knowledge of non-profit healthcare philanthropy and/or direct response
- Fundamental understanding of relational database design, data queries, and reporting systems.
- Ability to identify and gather all requirements at the outset of a project
- Ability to create meaningful data deliverables that also communicate rationale and processes to others
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Unmatched planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; adaptable and flexible to ever-evolving schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with outstanding resourcefulness and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build relationships and work cross-functionally across the Development department, other NYULH departments, and external contractors or vendors
- Driven self-starter, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated understanding of grateful patient or healthcare fundraising program
- Experience with direct marketing best practices, data strategy, fundraising metrics, and file segmentation techniques.
- Advanced proficiency in Blackbaud (CRM) products: Blackbaud CRM, Luminate Online, and Luminate Beta
Please submit a cover letter together with your application.
2 years of management experience preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a
place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of,
an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Apply online: http://nyu.contacthr.com/80260710