Assistant Professor - Educator (or Instructor - Educator)
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Cincinnati is seeking applicants for one or more full-time teaching Faculty – Educator/s at the Instructor or Assistant Professor rank (final rank is commensurate with credentials). Duties include teaching various Mathematics and/or Statistics courses at the undergraduate level and participating in service to the department. This service may include, but is not limited to, serving on search committees, new course development, and multi-section course coordination.
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is committed to excellence in teaching. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to improving STEM education through the use of new pedagogical initiatives and cutting-edge technologies, and a research based, active learning approach involving new models of instruction which includes distance learning.
Minimum Qualifications: For appointment at the Instructor level a Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics with at least two academic years’ experience teaching college-level courses in mathematics is required prior to the August 15th, 2021 effective date of the appointment. For appointment at the Assistant Professor level a PhD in Mathematics or Statistics is required prior to the August 15th, 2021 effective date of the appointment.
Application Process: To receive full consideration for the position, all candidates must complete the applicant profile and Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) statement (how D&I impacts your teaching philosophy) via the UC Success Factors recruitment system (https://jobs.uc.edu, Search for Requisition #60008). All of the following application materials may be submitted via Mathjobs.org @ https://https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/17301 or on UC Success Factors at https//jobs.uc.edu.
- A cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position.
- Copy of your current curriculum vitae.
- Description of teaching experience, if applicable. This is a brief description of courses taught (including level of course responsibility – course developer, course coordinator, primary instructor, teaching assistant, other and prior experience with non-traditional pedagogical methods or use of instructional technology, if any).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, which should include letters addressing teaching experience and quality of teaching (if applicable). (Confidential recommendation letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, if submitting other materials on the UC Success Factors jobsite).
Review of applications will begin March 15th, 2021 and the posting will remain open until all positions are filled. FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement. As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Statistics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati