Registered Nurse, Student Health Services
University of La Verne
Registered Nurse, Student Health Services
Job Description Summary:
To provide medical services to our insured students within the scope of practice as a Registered Nurse.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Provide primary care for students (illness, injuries and/or other health concerns)
- Triage patient’s medical needs/promote health maintenance and wellness through health screenings and counseling
- Assist our outsourced medical providers with various procedures
- Perform blood draws and prepare specimens for outsourced laboratory pick up, assist in administering COVID 19 testing and associated administrative tasks
- Perform EKG’s, breathing treatments, suture removal, etc.
- Prescribe and dispense over-the-counter medications; administer TB testing, flu vaccines and other vaccines, including allergy injections
- Prescribe and administer Emergency Contraceptive Pills/perform testing/counseling for STD’s following medical protocol
- Schedule appt’s and/or referrals, engage in providing telephone consultation & triage
- Prepare billing for insurance reimbursement
- Assist students with insurance related issues
- Prepare and maintain confidential medical records
- Maintenance of Student Health Services medical record requirements prior to admission
- Bachelor degree of Science in Registered Nursing from an
- Active licensure in accordance with the Calif. Board of Registered Nursing
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- IV Certification and/or recent experience
- 3-5 years of General/Family medicine expereince
- Knowledge of: laboratory equipment, medical diagnostic tools,
machine, breathing machine, oxygen equipment, surgical instruments,
hypodermic needles, computer, fax machine/printer, typewriter, copy
machine, computer software/printer for laboratory entry/results etc.
- 1-2 years experience in Women’s Health
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation