Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy, Tenure Track, Starting September 1, 2021
Stockton University seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program effective September 1, 2021.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- Short (1-page) teaching philosophy statement
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
- Offer courses in the faculty member’s program(s) and in the General Studies curriculum
- Serve as a preceptor to students
- Produce scholarship, and/or creative activities
- Provide service to the University, community, and/or profession
- Perform other duties as designated by the School Dean or the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
- Earned post-professional doctorate
- Eligibility for Occupational Therapy licensure in NJ
- Prior experience as a level II fieldwork educator
- At least 5 years work experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Teaching experience as an adjunct or resident faculty member teaching kinesiology, neuroscience or research
- Scholarly work
- Clinical experience with individuals with neurological disorders