Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Studies, Marketing, Tenure Track, Starts 09-01-2021
Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu.
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University, invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Studies, Marketing starting in September 1, 2021.
This position may involve teaching at both of Stockton’s instructional sites, in Galloway, NJ and in Atlantic City (which are approximately 12 miles apart).
- Teach Marketing courses at the undergraduate and MBA levels, such as Marketing Principles, Strategic Marketing, Public Relations, Consumer Behavior, or Marketing Research
- Teaching opportunities also exist in the Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies or other Stockton programs, depending on academic credentials and professional experience
- Teach, as do all Stockton faculty members, courses in the university's interdisciplinary general studies program as well
- Produce high-quality publications in Marketing, business or education journals and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences
- Provide university service
- Promote and maintain liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners
- Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
- An earned doctorate in Marketing or a related discipline (ABD candidates will be considered at the instructor level until the doctoral degree is completed)
- Evidence of potential for teaching, research and service in the Marketing field
- Related industry work experience
- Exposure to or experience within the liberal arts
- Experience with online teaching
- Experience with assessment and/or ABET accreditation
Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae
- Short (1-page) teaching philosophy statement
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Short description of Scholarship plans and research capabilities
- Samples of scholarly or creative work (e.g. documents, video, etc.)
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.