Clinical Track Instructor of Nursing (Two Positions)
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Track Instructor of Nursing (Two Positions)
DEPARTMENT: School of Nursing and Allied Health
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a clinical track faculty appointment. The Associate of Science in Nursing Program at Bluefield State College seeks qualified candidates to teach nursing courses and clinicals. Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, at least 10 years of clinical experience, medical surgical experience, and at least two years of teaching experience at the college or university level. Preference to candidates holding an earned Masters of Science in Nursing and simulation experience. Appointments anticipated to begin Fall semester 2021.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: All faculty positions include a minimum of 12 credit teaching load (may include online, web-based, or interactive video instruction and/or courses at off-campus locations to include Beaver, WV), academic advising, as well as participation in school committees, program recruitment and College governance. Preferred candidates will be able to teach Medical-Surgical Nursing Courses with experience in simulation.
All faculty are expected to:
- Take a supportive interest in the academic progress of each of his/her students.
- Meet with his/her classes as scheduled.
- Maintain required office hours as assigned so that he/she may be available to the students for advising, remediation and to assist students toward achieving student success.
- Participate in the faculty-student advisory program.
- Keep abreast of his/her academic discipline through continuing study, and/or active participation of his/her professional organizations.
- Continuously strive to improve the effectiveness of his/her teaching.
- Keep accurate records of grades and other information required by the Deans, Registrar, Provost, President and any other administrator as may be appropriate.
- Attend all faculty meetings of the college and the respective school in which the faculty teaches.
- Attend commencement and convocations and to cooperate fully with the BSC Board of Governors, the President, the Provost and the Dean in promoting the interests of Bluefield State College and the respective School.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have an earned Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Required experience: At least ten years of clinical experience; medical surgical nursing experience; and at least two years of teaching experience at the college or university level.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Masters in Nursing preferred. Experience in simulation laboratory settings and/or specialty areas of nursing is preferred.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Positions are dependent upon available funding.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible opportunity for public higher education. A historically black institution, Bluefield State College prepares students for diverse professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society. More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Completed applications are to be submitted in electronic format only to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Letter of interest specific to the position;
- A completed BSC Employment Application (form available at https://www.bluefieldstate.edu/resources/human-resources/jobs
- Contact information for at least three professional references; and
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process; official transcripts will be required of the selected candidate).
DATE POSTED: December 14, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Monday, March 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, applications received after the deadline may not receive full consideration.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide H1B visa or employment sponsorship.
Apply for Clinical Track Instructor of Nursing (Two Positions)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly