Assistant Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship
Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses as needed and contribute to achievement of department goals which include:
- Providing an effective learning environment for student success,
- Developing and enhancing school curriculum and programs, learning outcomes assessment and continuous improvement,
- Contributing to student growth and development such as student advising,
- Serving on committees at the department, school, and university levels,
- Assisting the school in maintaining accreditation: conducting student learning assessment, meeting ongoing research requirement, and serving on school accreditation committee as needed.
St. Cloud State University seeks applications for a Probationary Position in the Management and Entrepreneurship Department of the Herberger Business School beginning Fall Semester 2021. In addition to eight undergraduate majors, the School offers an MBA and a Master of Science in Information Assurance. The School has been continuously accredited for more than 40 years by AACSB International. More department information is available at Department of Management and Entrepreneurship
The Herberger Business School at Saint Cloud State University has a keen interest in strengthening its program offerings in Management. In addition, the School has an affiliate program with a university in China and wishes to strengthen its offerings with that university. The position will be at Saint Cloud State University.
The successful candidates are expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidates will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly research and/or engage in creative works; 3) continue preparation and study in their discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
The position is open to both internal and external candidates.
- An earned doctorate from an AACSB accredited university in one of the following areas: Strategic Management, or Management (“ABD” candidates will be considered if there is clear evidence of degree completion by the time of appointment).
- Demonstrated potential to be an effective instructor utilizing best-teaching practices.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience teaching Strategic Management, or Management at the university level.
- Demonstrated research and publication in the areas of Strategic Management, or Managementy
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta