The George Washington University School of Nursing invites qualified applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. This full-time, 12-month position is scheduled to begin as early as July 1, 2021.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- develop and maintain an independent, externally funded research program;
- maintain an ongoing record of scholarly productivity including publications and presentations;
- teach courses as assigned;
- mentor and advise students in research;
- participate in collaborative, interdisciplinary research teams;
- participate in faculty governance including serving on departmental, school, and/or university committees;
- and participate in a professional capacity in nursing and research organizations at the national and international level.
- A program of research in one or more of the following areas: aging, chronic care management, community health, health disparities, health policy and/or oncology
- PhD or equivalent research doctoral degree (e.g. ScD) in nursing, public health, public policy or a related field
- A nursing degree (any level)
- An emerging body of scholarship as evidenced by presentations and peer-reviewed publications
- Track record of external funding
- Strong methodological and statistical skills
- Prior college-level teaching experience is required, including comfort with online learning systems
- Evidence of ability to advance diversity, equity and inclusion efforts through teaching, research/scholarship and or service
- Eligibility for RN licensure in the District of Columbia and Virginia.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered, please complete an online faculty application at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/81178
and upload the following documents:
(1) a cover letter;
(2) an updated CV;
(3) a statement of teaching and research interests (1-3 pages);
(4) two samples of scholarly publications;
(5) two recent course evaluation summaries; and
(6) a one-page diversity statement that addresses how you can contribute to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion through teaching, research and/or service.
Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Jeffries, Dean, George Washington University School of Nursing. Please note that all documents related to each section must be combined and uploaded as one single document. Review of applications will begin on March 12, 2021 and will continue until positions are filled. Only complete applications will be considered.