Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
Please visit the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion site for additional information.
The Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives supports the President in directing college operations. Handles matters of significant importance to the president with confidentiality, sensitivity, timeliness, and awareness of professional and presidential protocol. Promotes quality service. Supervises administrative staff functions and manages the office for the college president consistent with the administrative policies, guidelines, and procedures of the Colorado Community College System and Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC). Serves as a liaison to the College Advisory Council; President’s Executive Staff; Colorado Community College System Office; PPCC administration, faculty, staff, and students; and the general public. Works with all college leaders on internal and external affairs requiring the president’s attention. Oversees and leads key strategic initiatives to ensure accountability and successful completion.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of success influencing and working closely with executive level leaders; proven track record of developing effective partnerships across disparate groups to organize and facilitate decisions and ensure implementation.
- Ability to balance strategic leadership with detailed office management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement, maintaining strong teamwork among college leaders while driving accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with a high degree of poise, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Experience independently composing correspondence and compiling complex reports.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Prior experience working in an institution of higher education at either the presidential or administrative level.
- Experience as an executive manager or assistant to a Chief Executive Officer and working with all levels of management and constituencies.
Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred
qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge,
skills, and abilities.
Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for
all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if
hired for the position.
Professional References - Provide names and
contact information for three recent professional references who
can address your expertise and background for this position.
- Serves on and contributes to the President’s cabinet adding value through knowledge, experience, research, and creativity.
- Manages change, leading cross-functional strategic initiatives to successful outcomes.
- On behalf of the president, leads special projects, task forces, and committees.
- Serve as the principal aid to the president. Manages sensitive and confidential issues and provides counsel to the president.
- Serves as a resource to college leadership in support of the president’s strategic vision for the college. Collaborates with college leaders on the president’s behalf.
- Serves as the president’s representative on key college committees and other constituent groups.
- Office Liaison: Supervises staff who are the primary point of contact for the president’s office; ensuring appropriate response to questions and inquiries from employees, students and the community, exercising initiative, judgment and independence to facilitate expeditious problem resolution and/or provide advice. Acts as a liaison to the PPCC Ombuds.
- Oversees and manages the operations and administrative functions of the Office of the President. Manages all staffing matters and supervises administrative staff.
- Supervises the president’s scheduling, assisting as needed in making appointments for the president, scheduling meetings, and prioritizing the president’s activities and events. Coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Community Involvement: Maintains relationships with local governmental entities and community organizations and represents the president at appropriate college functions and events.
- Supervises Document/Records Management: Ensures reconciliation of budgets for president’s office and Advisory Council; gathers information to make appropriate budget transfers; monitors expenditures to president’s office and Advisory Council budgets. Follows up with VPs, deans and directors on items requested by or for the president and/or Advisory Council.
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organizational skills to successfully manage complex institutional change.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Student Guidelines, State Board Policy and Procedures and State Fiscal Rules.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of higher education business management.
- Demonstrated ability to work and relate effectively with College students, colleagues and the public.
- Must have ability to be available for occasional long and irregular hours as needed for emergency situations, special projects, deadlines and committee/community service.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Colorado Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Colorado Springs
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Colorado Springs
- Executive Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Colorado Springs
- Executive Directors Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Colorado Springs