Assistant Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
The St. Cloud State University (SCSU) Psychology Department seeks applicants for a probationary, tenure track appointment as an Assistant Professor of Psychology with specialization in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. The successful candidate for this tenure track position must be prepared to teach two of the following courses in our Master’s program: Psychometrics, Training and Organizational Development, Personnel Selection, or graduate level Statistics. They must also be able to teach two of the following undergraduate courses: Personality, Statistics, Experimental Psychology, or other course as assigned, including possible online coursework.
To learn more about the school and department:
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly research and/or engage in creative works; 3) continue preparation and study in their discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Ph.D. in psychology with specialization in Industrial – Organizational psychology from an accredited university prior to first date of employment.
- Record of successful college teaching that is informed through the use of assessment.
- Evidence of active research agenda.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Expertise in psychometrics, personnel selection, and statistics in psychology.
- Evidence of teaching and assessing effective online courses.
- Experience mentoring and working with students on research.
- Ability to teach other courses in the Psychology Department curriculum as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Labor & Industrial Relations Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Psychology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta