Assistant Professor of Journalism and Professional Writing
The English Department of Muskingum University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Journalism and Professional Writing at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning the Fall semester of 2021. We seek an innovative individual with a strong focus on student learning to teach journalism courses and to lead the student newspaper into a digital format. As a member of the English Department, the successful candidate will contribute to the development of professional writing by providing instruction in composition, business and PR writing and other English courses, while also working in collaboration with the communications and media programs to create new media initiatives. Excellent student advising and facilitation of experiential learning through community connections is an expectation for all faculty at Muskingum. Other responsibilities include research and publication and collegial service to the university.
The university actively seeks-out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. Qualifications:
- Doctorate in Journalism, Professional Writing, or a related field. Candidates who are ABD will be considered, but must complete the doctoral degree within one year and will serve at the rank of instructor until that time.
- Experience in podcasts, blogs and web-based publication
- Highly developed communication, teamwork and collaborative skills
- Proven record of ability to manage resources and meet publication deadlines Muskingum University, a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts tradition, is located just seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. Founded in 1837, the university has undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student populations totaling approximately 3,000. An equal opportunity employer, Muskingum University particularly welcomes applications from scholars who are from populations historically underrepresented in the academy. To apply, send the following materials electronically to: email@example.com.
- Letter of application addressing the qualities and qualifications stated above
- A current curriculum vitae
- Copies of all graduate transcripts
- List of three professional references with contact information and relationship to applicant Questions may be directed to Dr. Jane Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair, English Department. Applications should be received by February 28, 2021 for first consideration. Appointment to this position is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check through the University's background check agency.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Journalism and Professional Writing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly