Associate Vice President for Enterprise Administrative Operations
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer (SVPCBO), the Associate Vice President for Enterprise Administrative Operations will work alongside University Leadership in a hands-on, executive-level role that includes serving as a representative for the Chief Business Officer, advancing his vision into priorities and new initiatives, and serving as the chief administrative officer for the CBO enterprise.
The Associate Vice President will possess high-level management skills along with top-level strategic insight and the proven ability to lead the implementation and prioritization of organizational initiatives. To that end, the Associate Vice President will have demonstrated success with defining/leading projects of varying scope and size, in large and complex and decentralized organizations. The AVP will lead critical projects across the administrative enterprise and is accountable for ensuring successful execution.
To maximize decision-making in the Office of the CBO, the AVP is responsible for creating efficient workflows, implementing clear channels of communication and synthesizing data that enables an overall strategic and consultative approach. The AVP will serve on committees and project teams and coordinate key matters that require the attention of the CBO. The AVP will provide oversight of programs and events planned by the Office of the CBO and is responsible for managing the Office of the CBO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing direct support to the CBO and his senior leadership team through active agenda management in the planning, development, and execution of operations.
- Serving as a resource for the CBO senior leadership team.
- Initiating annual goal-setting, monitoring milestones with follow up on target dates to ensure timely completion of objectives.
- Organizing and prioritizing CBO initiatives, monitoring progress, and completing deliverables in specified timelines.
- Advising the CBO on sensitive matters, researching and supplying information to support informed decisions (including any applicable laws and regulations), and acting as a sounding board for new initiatives and ideas.
- Promoting the visibility and accessibility of the CBO, while making best use of time
- Representing the CBO in meetings, conferences, and other social gatherings as determined by the CBO. Creating summaries and briefings for the CBO.
- Assisting with the production of internal and external communications embodying the CBOs voice, values, and priorities.
- Creating, distributing and maintaining materials for internal and external stakeholders, including presentations, summaries, reports, and points of discussion assuring accuracy and high quality.
- Overseeing the structure, operations and protocols for the CBO's Office and affiliated staff. Identifying areas for improvement and implementing policies/procedures to maximize efficiency and resource utilization.
- Reviewing and advising on external departmental operations including budget, staff, and policies in order to maximize workflow and minimize disruption to the Sr Vice President and Chief Business Officer.
- Assuring organization-wide compliance with CBO goals and policies, both ongoing and newly-implemented.
- Empowering other leaders and managers thru meeting their requests for decision making and actions needed.
- Tracking and reporting progress of organization-wide initiatives, accepting ownership and accountability for projects as needed.
- Leading Finance, HR, IT, and Communications teams across the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree and significant operational experience.
- Progressively responsible leadership experiences in industry, higher education, not-for-profit, or research setting is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in large and decentralized organizations with a high degree of complexity.
- Broad understanding and experience across the enterprise operations.
- Exceptional multitasking skills, as well as agility in thinking and action.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to translate ideas in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in curating and translating and reporting out on complex data.
- Comfort working with executive leaders, internally and externally, and demonstrated ability to be diplomatic in complex settings with multiple constituents.
- Superb interpersonal skills required to establish close relationships and build trust with key influencers around campus.
- Ability to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
• Master’s degree OR training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree
Commensurate with experience
March 10, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kim Akers at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 15, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg