Vice President for Enterprise Administrative and Business Services
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer and serving as a member of the President’s Leadership Team, the Vice President for Enterprise Administrative and Business Services oversees the university’s safety and security programs and key auxiliary business units. The Vice President will be a strategic professional with a deep understanding of administrative and business operations. Key components of these competencies include proficiency in maximizing services, utilizing current business models, prioritizing a culture of customer service, valuing broad input from stakeholders, and advancing divisional diversity.
The Vice President is also responsible for leading Virginia Tech’s safety and security functions including the nationally recognized Virginia Tech Police Department, emergency management, environmental health and safety, and the Virginia Tech Rescue Squad. The Vice President also provides oversight for several auxiliary units including Mail Services and Transportation Services (including Air Transportation Services, Alternative Transportation, Fleet Services and Parking Services). This position will indirectly oversee a staff of approximately 210 employees and a budget of $36M.
The Vice President will be charged with identifying opportunities for cross-functional, operational enhancement and efficiencies, as well as provide oversight for the transformation of business models. Campus and community engagement is required, ensuring that relationships are cultivated and managed.
- Provide strategic direction and operational oversight to Virginia Tech Police Department, Office of Emergency Management, Environmental Health and Safety, Virginia Tech Rescue Squad and campus auxiliary services including Mail Services and Transportation Services.
- Formulate annual operational and capital budgets and long-range budgets. Develop and implement strategies to improve efficiency, increase revenue, and manage costs.
- Develop and sustain a high-performing staff, set performance standards and expectations, and provide feedback. Respond to service issues, appeals and requests that are not resolved at the department level.
- Foster a culture of service excellence and motivate leaders to continually review administrative operations to ensure efficiency, customer focus and timeliness of service.
- Ensure operational initiatives align with university strategic plan and priorities.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the strategic direction of the division’s operations.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Establish and administer the departmental budget.
- Present periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief business officer and other leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated, progressive business management experience.
- Proven experience and ability to build and execute on organizational strategy.
- Significant knowledge and experience in business operations.
- Understanding of safety and security programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion.
- MPA or other master’s degree in related field (including Public Administration, Business Management or Criminal Justice) is preferred.
- Progressive management experience to include direct experience business units with budgets exceeding $10M.
- Experience leading organizational change driven by business model evolution.
Commensurate with experience
March 22, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kim Akers at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 15, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg