Graduate Admissions Specialist (14290)
The Graduate Admissions Specialist will serve a vital role providing support for SPA’s graduate admissions process. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Graduate Enrollment and Analytics. The Graduate Admissions Specialist will provide support for the timely and thorough processing of prospective graduate student applications, including assisting with the management of admissions application functions through Ellucian Recruit CRM and Colleague. This position will also provide support with admissions and enrollment reports, assessments, data-driven admissions marketing collateral, and event planning and execution.
- Application & Admissions Support. Primarily responsible for supporting the Assistant Director of Graduate Enrollment and Analytics. Duties include processing applications, and entering and maintaining relevant admissions data in various University systems. This position will be responsible for editing and releasing communications related to application, admission and/or merit aid status. This position will regularly assist SPA graduate applicants, admitted students, faculty members, and staff with their questions and concerns about admissions utilizing various mediums (written, online, in-person, and over the phone).
- Data Reporting & Testing. Coordinates the collection, analysis and review of data submission for surveys and reports related to the various stages of the admissions process and graduate financial aid. Provides support with Ellucian Recruit CRM testing as needed.
- Events Planning & Logistics. This position intermittently supports OGA’s efforts to plan, implement and execute key events for prospective and admitted graduate students. This position will be asked to extract targeted distribution lists from the CRM, as well as edit and release communications related to the aforementioned events.
- Other. Occasional other duties as assigned.
- Eventually may supervise one to two part-time student staff who will support the application management process for the SPA Office of Graduate Admissions
- Student staff each work approximately 7-10 hours per week during the academic year
- This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Graduate Enrollment and Analytics as part of the SPA Office of Graduate Admissions team, which includes the Assistant Dean of Graduate Enrollment, the Director of Graduate Enrollment and Recruitment, and supporting student staff
- The position will work with the SPA Senior Associate Dean, Events Manager, graduate applicants, admitted students, faculty members, and staff as well as other graduate admissions units across the university
- One to two part-time student staff may report directly to this position
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Specialist A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with advanced training in MS Office software applications or equivalent in education, training, and experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant full-time professional experience (post-degree) in a higher education environment or other relevant experience in a high traffic, customer contact position within a complex organization
- Experience with databases and acute attention to detail; ability to gather and analyze data using basic research methods and databases; comfort and experience with computer technology, including proficiency in MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web-based research; willingness to learn new computer programs
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; be a proactive self-starter; adapt and operate at a high level of efficiency with moderate direction and supervision; complete multiple assigned tasks independently and on schedule
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with a customer service orientation and ability to communicate; effectively interact with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Team-oriented with an ability to foster positive and productive working relationships in a professional and courteous manner with students, staff, and faculty
- Experience handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with Ellucian Recruit CRM or other customer relationship management software and/or Colleague
- Experience in a front-line customer service and/or event planning role
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.